Friday, April 03, 2009

Dare 65

Hello! Time for another dare.


This fortnight we're calling it "The Traffic Light Dare!" It's all to do with the meaning of the traffic light colours.


You can scrap based on any one or all 3 of the traffic light signs -

STOP - something you need to QUIT doing

AMBER - things you need to SLOW DOWN with, maybe think about

GREEN - something you need to GO ahead with.

The layout needs to feature the traffic light colour somewhere too.


We have 2 Guest Designers this week.


The GD chosen from Dare 63 was Tessah Aihara from Japan. She tells us she's relatively new to scrapping! Tessah, we LOVE your work. Here's what Tessah had to say about the process of her layout:




A birthday always marks a new beginning. For me, its the best time of the year to evaluate yourself as a person, reset your goals if necessary and change bad habits that didn't help you in the past years. And the most important thing for me on my birthday is looking on the brightest side of my life. Turning 27 made me realize the bad and the good things I had for the past 26 years. I had the attitude and bad habits that I stopped doing, I have some parts of me that i have to slow down and keep on my waiting mode and the best part is I have this something or should I say I have this someone that I will want to go on with forever and just stay as it is for the longest time that I could.


Journaling; My Second Birthday with YOU

She also adds that she "also distressed the picture by turning it into a puzzle piece and ink each piece."


Tessah




I also asked the lovely Annette Hanigan from Australia to be my Special Guest Designer. As a fellow Ambassador for Fiskars, I've often admired Annette's artistic approach to her projects and she certainly hasn't disappointed with her contribution to this dare. I love her colourful creation!

Annette


Annette said the dare immediately brought to mind a song from her son's pre-school days which sparked her idea for this layout!

I always love hearing how creative inspiration comes about. This proves, it comes from anywhere!


You'll see from the closeup shots that Annette has used oil pastels which she says were just a cheap dept store purchase. I love the literal inclusion of the traffic light circles too.





Thanks so much for being our Guest designers Tessah and Annette and for providing us all with some colourful inspiration.


As for me, well I've been mulling lots of things over lately and trying to sort out lots of creative ideas I have. I always collect a lot of visual inspiration and am finally going to make an Inspiration Board so it's all in one place, where I can see it together and change it as I find new inspiration. This was the starting point for me...
Donna

I was talking to my 9 year old daughter about my muddled thoughts and in her best school teacher voice, she told me I need to list my ideas and then edit them and work on developing my favourites! LOL. And so that became the focus of my journaling. I decided to make a cardboard 'frame' for my photo and my project will stand on my desk as an affirmation of what I'm going to do! I used subtle touches of green for Go.




Sharon


Last Spring I tried out vege gardening as part of going green. Some success, some failure, lots of lessons :


daretrafficlight


I hope this dare will inspire you to record something you need to STOP doing, SLOW DOWN and think about, or GO ahead with.


We'd love to see your interpretations!


I will be sending a RAK to the winner.You have until Wed 15th April to get your layouts/projects in.Leave a link in the comments to your LO's on your blog, gallery, or you may use the Flickr group if you like. If necessary you can email your LO to Lianne at RANDLGRAY@xtra.co.nz (no bigger than 100kb


Come back here for more inspiration as the Dare's team add their work.


Rach's

I went with using the colours of red (paint), amber (pp) + green (cs) for my LO. And as well for the journalling I used the words we use when we are at the traffic lights waiting for the lights to turn green with the kids.

READY SET GO


2 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Hi. Here is my take on the challenge - was lots of fun... I immediately thought of telling my son to go, slow down and stop many times when we're baking. This is him helping make his birthday cake for his 2nd birthday
http://uslot-livinglife.blogspot.com/2009/04/nz-dares-april-challenge.html

thanks
Kim

6:23 pm  
Blogger jeanie de la rama said...

this is my take on the challenge. thanks for a chance to play. i went with a quote that is so apt for me today. "go confidently in the directions of your dream and live the life you imagined."and i am!thanks for the inspiration.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_WCjDmgWGNpE/SeFSDBqLMrI/AAAAAAAAC3Y/sM1yrtTgRuY/s512/go.jpg

2:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home